Home to Grand Lake O' the Cherokees

Town Administration

This page of the Town of Langley website is used to communicate city notices, ordnances, and other items of interest to our residents.

Questions about any item on this page should be directed to city hall at 918-782-9850.

Dee Anne Grapevine, Mayor

Clinton Starks, Trustee

Dan Miller, Trustee

William Long, Trustee

Tommy Hopper, Trustee

Board of Trustees

Your Subtitle Goes Here

Meetings – First Thursday of each month at City Hall located at 324 West Osage, Langley, OK 74350 at 6:00 pm

Agendas & Minutes – Agendas are available prior to the meetings, Minutes are available following approval.

Council Members – The Town of Langley Council consists of five members who are voted on at large.  Each member has a term of 4 years. The Mayor is appointed by the entire Council.

Dee Anne Grapevine, Mayor

Dan Miller, Trustee

Clinton Starks, Trustee

Tommy Hopper

William Long, Trustee


City Clerk

Your Subtitle Goes Here

The Office of the Town Clerk/Treasurer exists to serve the public with information and assistance.

Functions of the City Clerk:

  • To record and preserve the legislative actions of the Town Council of Langley, OK.
  • Administer and File Oaths of Office.
  • Give Notice of Public Hearings (Post/Publish/Written Notification)
  • Perform contract administration duties, assisting with bid openings or the awarding of contracts.
  • Maintain Custody of City Seal.
  • Countersign General Obligation Bonds.
  • Preparing agenda and town council meetings.
  • Receiving documents addressed to the Town Council.
  • Developing and maintaining a Records Management Program.
  • Making public records available to the public.
  • Receiving Claims.
  • Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
  • Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes.
  • Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
  • Issue various permits and licenses.
  • Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
  • Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
  • Process claims against the municipality, maintain files and logs of claims and coordinate claim response and handling with municipal claims administrators.
  • Serve as a notary of the public.

Emergency Management

Your Subtitle Goes Here

Town of Langley, OK Local Emergency Management Coordinator (EMC) Duties and Responsibilities.

The Emergency Management Coordinator works for and is responsible to the Town elected officials who set the direction, programs and policies for emergency management in the community. The duties and responsibilities of municipal coordinators, on behalf of Town Council are summarized as follows:

  • Prepare and maintain an emergency operations plan, following the FEMA established format.
  • Manage and mobilize the equipment and staff of the municipal emergency operations center (EOC) when appropriate and as directed by the Town Council.
  • Attend and successfully complete all training scheduled by the county and/or FEMA as outlined in FEMA Directive “Emergency Management Training and Education”.
  • Survey, organize and coordinate all municipal available manpower, materials, supplies, equipment, facilities and services necessary for disaster emergency preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation.
  • Recommend mitigation measures to reduce disaster effects.
  • Coordinate with other municipal emergency service agencies and public and private entities in achieving your duties and responsibilities.
  • Have current appropriate plans, procedures, guidance and laws issued by the county, FEMA and the Governor available within your EOC. Have knowledge of federal and state required plans for your jurisdiction.
  • Provide prompt and accurate information regarding municipal disaster emergencies to the appropriate municipal, county and State officials and agencies and the general public.
  • Participate in all tests, drills and exercises, including remedial drills and exercises that pertain to your municipality, as scheduled by the county, state or the Federal government.
  • Develop mutual aid agreements as applicable with adjacent municipalities for reciprocal emergency assistance

Municipal Court

Your Subtitle Goes Here


You have the right to appear in Court to answer the charge against you; you may plead Guilty, Nolo Contendre (No Contest), or Not Guilty. You have the right to a trial before a fair and impartial Judge. You are entitled to confront and cross-examine witnesses who may testify against you. You may call any witnesses you may have in your defense. You may assert your presumption of innocence and all other constitutional rights; you have the right to be represented by legal counsel. If you are found guilty after your plea of Not Guilty, you have to right to appeal that decision. You will need to file a written notice of intent to appeal within 10 days of your conviction with the Town of Langley and in the District Court in Mayes County. You will need to post a cash bond with the Town of Langley and pay all filing fees to the District Court.

Please contact the Court Clerk’s office for all other fines & cost.


  • Driving while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs
  • Being in actual physical control over a vehicle while being under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs
  • Leaving the scene of an accident.
  • Driving under suspension or revocation.
  • Reckless driving.
  • Assault & battery.

If you have questions about any other offenses, please contact the court clerk’s office at 918-782-9850 or 918-782-2776.


  • Your drivers license could be suspended, either in Oklahoma or in your home state.
  • A Warrant could be issued for your arrest.
  • A charge for failure to appear could be filed against you.


  • Make checks payable to the Langley Municipal Court, include a copy of the citation and the full name of the defendant.
  • Include a copy of the citation mark box beside your plea and sign your name.
  • Mail To: Langley Municipal Court, PO Box 760, Langley, OK 74350.
  • We accept cash, checks, money orders & cashier’s checks.
  • If you are mailing your payment please do not mail cash.



Langley Municipal Court charges a $20.00 returned check fee on all returned checks. If the dishonored check is not replaced with cash, cashier’s check, or money order within 10 days, a warrant will be issued for the defendant’s arrest & a notification will be sent to DPS requesting suspension of their driving privilege. 22 O.S. Section 983c.


Q. If I don’t want to contest a ticket, how soon do I have to pay it?
A. An uncontested ticket may be cleared by a plea of Guilty or No Contest, and paying the fine in full prior to the Arraignment date set by the Officer at the time the ticket is written. All tickets may be paid in the Municipal Court offices, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM. After office hours, tickets may be paid by depositing them in the  “dropbox” located outside the city hall office. We are unable to accept credit cards.

Q. What if I can’t pay my fine before the court date?
A. If a defendant does not want to contest a ticket, but cannot pay the fine prior to the Arraignment date, they may appear in court on the scheduled court date to make any payment arraignments with the Judge. The clerk is not authorized to set up payment arraignments.

Q. I received a ticket for not having my insurance verification in possession, but my insurance is valid?
A. If you have been charged with Failure to Comply with Compulsory Insurance Law and you have proof that the vehicle you were driving was covered by insurance on the date and time of the offense, you must bring proof to the Court at 324 W. Osage Langley, Ok, on or before your arraignment date. Upon proper proof of insurance, the charge may be dismissed without court costs.

Q. How can I keep my ticket off my driving record?
A. If you have a good driving record & want to keep your ticket off your record, you may request a deferred sentence from the Judge. The Judge may charge a deferral fee in addition to all other fines & costs.


Your Subtitle Goes Here

State, Federal, & Local Resources

Your Subtitle Goes Here